Why work with Art Therapy of MN?
Art Therapy of MN is a small private practice group of (mostly) neurodivergent-identified, independently contracted art therapists who believe in helping and supporting all types of brains and bodies. We believe in collaborative, holistic care that looks at the whole person and system. Our mission is to embrace and validate the unique needs of all individuals with an approach to healing that is person-centered, affirming of collective knowledge and resources, non-pathologizing, and building on strengths.
If you are an independently minded provider who is looking to learn more about a med management, art therapist contractor or art therapy internship role within a private practice setting, and who understands neurodivergent clients (or if you are neurodivergent yourself!), please reach out!
If interested, please connect with us! You can send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Psychiatrist or Nurse Practitioner – Psychiatric Provider/Med Management Independent Contractor (1099) Job Position
Art Therapy of MN is looking for a neurodivergent-competent Psychiatric Provider (MD/DO Psychiatrist, PA, or APRN license/certification) to work as a 1099 independent contractor within our group private practice who can offer provide med management and/or therapeutic services to both internal and external clients.
We see a need for more neurodivergent-competent and validating med management providers in our community, and have many clients who are seeking these services for themselves- both to have their diagnosis validated/confirmed through assessments, and to have access to medication that will allow them to function more optimally.
Part time or full time position- you can make your own schedule, hours and determine caseload size. Work location is flexible and can be done in a combination of in-office and/or telehealth, at your preference.
Needs to understand and enjoy working with neurodiverse, queer/LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC clients of all ages. The individual in this role provides services in an outpatient setting, in collaboration with other outpatient therapists.
The Psychiatric Provider independent contractor role offers a 70/30 revenue split (clinician/practice), flexible schedule, high levels of autonomy, ability to learn about and grown your own private practice as an independent contractor. Position does not include benefits or insurance. There will also be some caseload building/maintenance responsibility. Office/studio space, supplies, EHR, billing/administrative support and referrals provided.
Role would start once credentialing is established for in-network insurance billing (which can take up to 3 months). Admin support around credentialing would be provided.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability and desire to work independently while structuring your own work hours and caseload, and to learn/build up your own practice under the guidance of Art Therapy of MN.
- Providing diagnostic assessments, medication management and ongoing management of patient caseload, as well as completing billing and clinical documentation. Ability and desire to administer psychiatric assessments preferred.
- Developing and sustaining positive client relationships and working collaboratively with other providers internally and externally as needed.
- This position includes some potential after hours on-call services for refill management.
- Experience with and passion for working with neurodivergent, queer/LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC clients.
- Licensed (or soon-to-be) in the State of Minnesota to independently prescribe (MD, DO, CNP, PA etc.) and valid DEA certificate.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards governing care delivery and operations.
If interested, please connect with us! Send your resume to email@example.com.
Individuals who identify as neurodivergent, queer/LGBTQIA+, BIPOC or as members of historically marginalized/underserved groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Art Therapy of MN is an equal-opportunity employer. Art Therapy of MN does not discriminate in employment regarding race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.